Union in Mesa Arizona’s Riverview District, developed by Harvard Investments and Lincoln Property Company, received the RED 2022 Award for Office Building of the Year.
At buildout, this project will total four buildings and 1.35 million square feet of Class A office space at the confluence of thriving Mesa, Tempe and Scottsdale, Arizona.
Union’s first building at the northeast corner of the site will connect to the larger Union master plan via a lush, pedestrian plaza and indoor-outdoor features such as shaded gathering areas and outdoor meeting spaces, all linked by the bordering Rio Salado Pathway – a popular water-front route for runners, bikers and kayakers.
- The first building is 238,348-square-feet and four stories.
- Additional buildings will range from four to eight stories, and from 232,000 to 450,000 square feet.
- Buildings include large office floor plans with high ceilings, outdoor balconies and modern glass exteriors that provide sweeping views of the surrounding city,
mountains, park and lake.
- Tenants will be served by an adjacent four-level parking garage.
- Easy access is provided through two freeway interchanges – at the Loop 202 at Dobson Road and the Loop 101 at Rio Salado Parkway.
- Union is surrounded by 1.2 million square feet of retail, restaurants and both the Sheraton Mesa and Hyatt Place hotels.
- The site is two miles from Arizona State University’s main campus in Tempe and 10 minutes from Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Union is one of the region’s most exciting new projects, connecting multiple municipalities with a development that provides business professionals access
to premium nearby shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Valley’s most attended spring training team – the Chicago Cubs – is at neighboring Sloan Park.
City of Mesa Mayor John Giles said, “With Harvard Investments’ solid track record of building excellent Class A office space, I look forward to watching Union evolve as an employment hub for the Riverview District, already an epicenter of shopping, food, entertainment and jobs with easy freeway access.”
Lincoln Property Company will serve as the project’s leasing agent and property manager. Completion of building one at Union is scheduled for October 2020.